TRANSLATE IN LANGUAGE YOU KNOW

Crispy Herb Bread - Crunchy, Buttery with Oregano and Italian seasoning


Well after a warm and healthy Soup recipe, let me share another accompaniment that goes perfect with it... CRISPY HERB BREAD. 

SOUP's and FLAVORED BREAD's taste amazing always, more so during cold snowy wintery nights. Also it makes a perfect recipe for THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS DINNER's. The aroma of freshly baked bread spreading through the entire house is just amazing and heavenly. My little one is always eyeing the oven with eyes wide open to see the rise baking goods offer and I love to watch her do so. Let's roll up the sleeves and start.


INGREDIENTS
sourdough bread OR your preference
salted butter OR olive oil
dry herb oregano
dry herb Italian seasoning
salt ( optional if using salted butter )

PROCEDURE 
Step 1 : Take the sourdough bread and cut it into slices. I am using this no knead sourdough bread I made the previous night planning to have it with soup. You can buy can type of bread you like, but I personally prefer the texture, crunch and flavor a sourdough bread imparts to this recipe. 


Step 2 : Take a oven safe bowl and melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds, the butter will be melted and bubbly. Add the dry herbs generously at this time and mix well. 

I personally prefer step 2 as it saves time and is quicker than applying and sprinkling these ingredients individually. 

Note : I always prefer a glass bowl to Microwave anything. Here I used salted butter, you can substitute unsalted butter OR olive oil and add salt. I always have these dry herbs in my pantry to my quick rescue which I use in a variety of marination, pizzas, pastas, and many other recipes. You can substitute the dry herbs OR add fresh herbs of your choice too. ( fell free to tweek, your preference )

Step 3 : Apply this herbed butter evenly on the bread slices. I apply it just on one side and leave the other. You can apply on both sides if you like. Nowadays we get many varieties of readymade herbed butter in stores, if you like any flavor you can use that too and skip Step 2.

Step 4 : Heat a nonstick pan OR iron pan apply butter OR olive oil and toast the herb applied bread slices on both the sides till crisp on a medium low flame.

FINAL PLATING 
Serve this crispy buttery herb goodness with warm soup of your choice.

A Perfect recipe to make your THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS dinner's more cherishable and warm. 

No comments:

CONTACT PAGE

Name

Email *

Message *