TRANSLATE IN LANGUAGE YOU KNOW

Baingan Bharta Pizza - A Hidden Surprise



Another retreat for the pizza lover's in the house. Yeah !!! and sshhh... do not tell anyone there's a surprise no one ever knows till they eat it. I make gourmet pizza at home with almost different toppings and base sauce everytime. This time I thought of making altogether a different kind. Want to know what's hiding ...

This is my second pizza recipe, hope you all enjoyed the paprika marinated pizza recipe. This time I had friends coming over in the evening, they are humble admirers of my cooking and pizza well what to say... their both kids love having pizza at my place so I decided to make their favorite again this time accompanied with pasta and soup, but with a twist.


I had baked baingan in the oven yesterday night to make baingan bharta in the morning from which I had some remaining. We a family of three and have almost a katori / handfull of food left sometimes which I have to juggle up somewhere somehow as I cook fresh meals daily so I decided to give it a try for the base this time ssshhhh....hush their kids are not a big fan of baingan. Usually my husband is curious sneaky of things I make for guests but this time I kept a surprise from him even as he knew about the baingan unfriendly thing with the kids.

INGREDIENTS 
Pizza base - homemade OR store bought
Pre-made / leftover baingan bharta as base sauce
brocollini florets OR broccoli 
cheese - any variety grated version 
sliced olives
fresh spinach 
salt 
oil for greasing tray
dry oregano seasoning
dry Italian seasoning 
black pepper

Plating accompaniments 
crushed red pepper flakes
ketchup
soft drink
fresh fruit punch

PROCEDURE :   SPREAD - BAKE - RELISH
1) Pre-heat the oven at 350 degree celcius and then proceed. Take a pizza base apply baingan bharta generously, as this is our base sauce this time.

2) I had bought brocollini florets for the pasta that I was going to make so I added it to the pizza too. You can add broccoli too or any other topping you have handy.


3) Thinly lay a base layer of shredded cheese. I like to spread cheese on base layer as I use multiple toppings and the cheesy bite is not only at the top but also within each layer. You can omit this step too.

4) Once a thin cheese layer is done add olives.


5) I had fresh spinach for the soup I was going to make so I tore some just with hands and laid it on the olive layer.

6) Sprinkle salt, dry oregano seasoning, dry Italian seasoning on the spinach topping.


7) Top this up with loads of cheese and finally some sprinkle of black pepper powder. And you are all set to bake this goodness.


8) Usually I prepare pizza in front of them and they also help in choosing their own toppings, but this time as it was a surprise I kept it ready unbaked and baked it after they arrived. Transfer the pizza to a greased baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done.


9) Cut pizza slices accordingly and serve with your favorite tomato Ketchup.

  The baingan bharta surprise pizza was surely a hit with the non-likers too, amazed they relished baingan bharta pizza to its every bite till this date. Sharing their love for the unknown love for baigan bharta surprise pizza here, happy me too for their thumbs up. 


More HKD recipes to go with this :










No comments:

CONTACT PAGE

Name

Email *

Message *