TRANSLATE IN LANGUAGE YOU KNOW

Basil Walnut Pesto Pasta with Freshly grated Asiago


Who doesn't love pasta, I do and so does all in my family. The experiments and variations happen in my kitchen everytime I make them.

I make use of easily available ingredients at home everytime. Pasta is quick, handy and easy to make. 

I buy various types of pastas and they are a must have in my pantry anytime. This time I had my Basil plant flourishing and growing wildly before the winter's set in. 



This year Chicago had long summer's to enjoy. And now its been the coldest place than Mars all over in news.


Happy with the wholesome harvest. Harvest day makes me happy everytime. Reaping the fruits Oops!! leaves of labor.


After harvest pic of my Basil plant. I will be pruning the stems soon as these are too long, until the next full growth harvest happens.  Pruning plants regularly helps good and flourishing regrowth of the plant, and also you can regrow the stems individually to make a new plant. They also make excellent gifts for family, friends and colleagues too. 

But we have our own ways of njoying the chill and keeping us warm. Today I decided to make fresh Basil pesto pasta and garnish it with the Asiago cheese which I bought from Costco during my last visit.

INGREDIENTS
Simple 2-step-process 
For Pasta :
Pasta of your choice
water
colander to strain 


For Basil pesto : 
1 cup of Basil leaves or any greens 
Handfull of walnuts or any nuts
garlic clove
1 green chilli
salt
olive oil

else 
*store bought pesto can be used too.

Black Pepper
Cheese 

PROCEDURE

Step 1 : Fill a pot with water, add salt and let it boil. Once it starts boiling add Pasta of your choice and let it boil Al-dante or soft as per your liking. We like it chewy soft or I boil it for a few more minutes than Al-dante. Once done strain all the water and keep it aside. Add a teaspoon of olive oil if you wish to allow it from not sticking to each other. 


Step 2 : Assemble all the ingredients to make the pesto, add it to the blender and make it into a coarse or fine paste as you like. 

Now heat olive oil in a pan add in the cooked and drained pasta mix well. Add the Basil pesto to the pasta and mix well. Check in for the salt and seasoning. Add black pepper and other spices if required and your dish is ready to be served. This time I used Asiago cheese block and freshly grated it over the pasta. You can use any cheese as per your choice and preference and as much or as little as you like it. This is a pesto pasta so even you can omit the cheese entirely, be sure the pesto is enough if so. 


- You can also add in freshly grated cheese directly in the pasta just after switching off the flame before serving too. This gives this pasta a gooey n creamy texture. 

- You can always top off this pasta with more cheese if needed. 

Relishing this hot Basil pesto pasta on these cold snowy winter nights. Cheers !!!

More HKD recipes to go with this :







No comments:

CONTACT PAGE

Name

Email *

Message *