TRANSLATE IN LANGUAGE YOU KNOW

Instant Vegetable Fried Rice


Fried Rice - Quick, instant, easy ingredients, if you have rice leftover no worry at all. This comes handy each time. A Instant 5 minute One Pot recipe. 

Fried Rice is on the menu of almost all the restaurants. You get these at all fast food joints too. A best option to get your veggies portion along with your favorite Rice, who doesn't like it. Vegetable Fried Rice tops the list of orders too along with Punjabi food, Chinese food or a South Indian platter.

Yes it's my favorite too. If I have leftover Rice any day I usually prefer making tempered or plain Curd Rice or opt for a quick Vegetable Fried Rice. 

This recipe is very generous you can add in as much variety of vegetables as you like. The list of vegetables is endless. Dice it, cube it, julienne it, whichever way pleases you. 

The most common vegetables with which I make Vegetable Fried Rice always varies with the ingredients I find in my refrigerator handy. Sometimes I even shop especially for more variety of vegetables if planning ahead of time. But mostly I end up opting it as a Quick fix of leftover rice.

Potato, Onion, Green knob onions, Carrots, Beans, Corn, Bell Peppers, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Pineapple are the most common ingredients you find in any basic Vegetable Fried Rice with special seasoning and flavoring.

Today I am making a simple Vegetable Fried Rice for dinner, we had Potluck on weekend. I prepared Rajma chawal  and had some leftover Rice. Without much ado I looked into my refrigerator and found some bell peppers luckily red, yellow and green, some carrots and onions are always stored in my pantry. So let's get making this.


INGREDIENTS
1 chopped onion
chopped bell peppers
1 carrot
ginger, garlic, green chilli finely chopped
salt
sugar
oil
lemon
1 teaspoon sri racha sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce

wok

PROCEDURE

Firstly keep all the vegetables to be used chopped and ready before proceeding.  


I heated a wok. Added olive oil and ginger, garlic, green chilli finely chopped. Let it cook for a while. Add onions and carrots first followed by bell peppers. Let it saute on a high flame till all the vegetables are cooked and crisp, add very little salt at this point and a pinch of sugar ( optional ). Do not cover the wok at any time. 


Add cooked rice. I used basmati / long grain rice, mix or toss well. I like tossing the vegetables just like all the chef's do. I have mastered this art of tossing through practice it's fun to do unless you do not make a mess tossing the veggies out of the wok :P phew... ;)


Add Soy sauce and Sri racha sauce and mix well or toss the wok. Do not over mix to keep the rice grains long and intact. Let the rice cook over a high flame. Serve hot.


NOTE 
Do not cover the wok anytime this would compromise the crispness of the vegetables and rice. It may even become soggy. 
Cook Fried Rice always on a high flame.
Keep all the ingredients chopped and handy before starting to cook.

2 comments:

Utility Management said...

Great article, love your sharing so much, thank you!

heenaskitcheniaries said...

Pleasure's mine. Glad you like it.

CONTACT PAGE

Name

Email *

Message *