TRANSLATE IN LANGUAGE YOU KNOW

Lentil Pancake | Moong Dal Pudla/Chilla






















MoongDal Pudla / Chilla is a Protein packed recipe. Easy steps SOAK - GRIND - MAKE. 

A quick recipe if preplanned. My dinner today is fixed. A copy cat recipe to DAL VADA recipe I had posted earlier. 


I love easy and quick recipes, BUT to make things quick and easy you need to preplan. I learnt this from my Mom and Grandmom. Preplanning not only makes life easy but also saves time for other important tasks. I have my monthly menu set through preplanning, it is a big timesaver as I am sorted and makes time for me to try out new recipes to treat me and my loved ones.

This is a Copy cat recipe of DAL VADA recipe I had posted earlier. Add required water, spices and you are all sorted.


Moong Dal Pudla / Chilla are thin savory pancakes made of pre-soaked green moong lentil grinded along with spices, thin crispy melt in the mouth pancakes. You can relish them as is or with accompaniment of ketchup, a variety of Indian picklesraita dips, sauces, buttermilk.



Here is how to make these Chilla's.

INGREDIENTS
a heaped cup - skinned split moong dal
2 green chillis
1 inch ginger
1/4 tsp - asafoetida
cilantro chopped ( optional )
salt as needed
water for soaking
oil

grinder for making the batter

PROCEDURE
Just 3 simple steps SOAK - GRIND - MAKE.

This recipe requires pre-soaking of the lentil / dal. I usually soak the lentil in the morning, 4 hours or more is enough to soak and puff up the lentil. Wash the lentil / dal properly and soak in adequate water. More water does no harm. 

I follow this  procedure - soak in the morning, grind and make in the evening. So if planning to make these for Friday movie nights OR weekend parties it is definitely a healthy quick fix treat.


I like to make this with Skinned split moong dal / lentil.

A heaped cup is the proportion, it triples in size on soaking.

Soak in adequate water, more water does no harm.



Once puffed after approx 4 hours or more, grind it into a fine paste with salt and remaining spices.



The batter should be of medium pouring consistency.

Heat a Non stick griddle. It should feel hot over the hands when it is heated properly. Do the hand test. 

Now Temper the Nonstick griddle, drizzle of some oil and wipe the oil with a tissue all over the pan. Splatter some water over the griddle. It will sizzle and disappear. Your griddle is ready to make thin crispy Moongdal chilla.



Fill a ladle with the batter and pour it over the griddle. Flatten it into thin rounds to make Chilla.


Let all the batter dry on the surface side, it is ready to flip when you see holes all over the top. 





Drizzle some oil. Flip on the other side. Let it cook for some time and your Chilla is ready to be served.

We enjoyed Moongdal Chilla / Pudla with Coconut chutney, Coriander Chutney, and Gol Keri - a sweet mango pickle. 



No comments:

CONTACT PAGE

Name

Email *

Message *