TRANSLATE IN LANGUAGE YOU KNOW

Ghee ma Santlelu Lasan | Homegrown Fresh Green Garlic Saute

























What better way to treat yourself with pure ghee sauted homegrown green garlic saute heaped over fresh bread / thepla / roti accompanied with hot ginger mint tea for these frosty winter morning's. Simply delish.

I grow fresh green garlic indoors at home often. It bears a fresh earthy flavor in whatever recipe you use it. Here is a simple easy and quick Green Garlic Saute recipe which my Mom makes and it is one of my favorites. I love to make simple fresh garlic saute whenever I harvest it afresh. This is how my Mom makes it during winter's whenever we used to get fresh garlic greens in Khanderao market, Vadodara. I loved shopping for groceries since I was a kid, I used to accompany my Mom to vegetable market. The rusty earthy fragrance a vegetable market bears I simply love that. I used to ride my Mom on a two wheeler early morning to get fresh vegetables and fruits in season in Panseri market which is open just in the mornings. The produce is as fresh as it could get.

Since I started growing lilu lasan / fresh green garlic indoors at home indoors. I now make this often in winter's. If you missed my post or are new to my blog here's a link of how to grow fresh green garlic indoors at home.

Here's how my mom makes this simple garlic saute in pure desi ghee.

Just few basic ingredients
Garlic or other greens
Ghee
cumin seeds
asafoetida
turmeric powder
salt

wok

Note : You can use any store bought or homegrown greens available during winter's the same way as this is prepared. Green onions, Kale, Beetroot greens, Collard greens etc are to name some... the fresh leafy greens available during winter months are plenty so do try out a variety and relish them.

Process
Wash and chop garlic greens and keep ready. 

Heat ghee in a wok. My Mom makes this in a iron wok, it departs its own unique flavor.
Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder. 
Add garlic greens and mix well. 
Season it with salt, saute till the garlic wilts a bit and it's done.




We relish this with any type of paratha , roti , bajri / jowar rotla or bhakri. 






































Relishing this simple sauted garlic greens with spinach paratha and hot ginger chai. Apply the mix over one half of the paratha / roti / bread and fold the other half over and enjoy !!!


You may also like : 

Baingan Bharta


Drumstick Curry

Kobi nu Sambhariyu


Mooli Besan Sabji



Parval

2 comments:

Dr Hiral Soni said...

Thanks for posting this.
Greatful!

heenaskitcheniaries said...

My pleasure !!

CONTACT PAGE

Name

Email *

Message *